Summer is a time for good foods and eating healthy – but what happens when you still LOVE bread and carbs? And truth be told, this recipe came out of a mild jealousy of all the other people baking bread during the Q and I just wanted in on the cinnamon roll fun. So here we are.
When these bad boys were almost finished baking, the most amazing smell of cinnamon and baked goods could be found through my apartment. If you want the same (without all the calories), check out the recipe below!
Banana Cinnamon Protein Muffins
For your ingredients:
- 3 Overly Ripe Bananas
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Cup Kodiak Cakes Protein Whole Grain Mix
- 1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
- 1 TBSP Cinnamon
- 3/4 TSP Baking Powder
- Cinnamon Shaker for Top of Muffins
Total Prep Time: 20 Minutes // Total Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium to large mixing bowl, add your bananas and eggs. Lightly beat both until you have a smooth consistency.
- Add in your dry ingredients, and mix until a batter has formed.
- Oil your muffin tins lightly OR place batter into muffin liners. Once in the muffin tin, shake the cinnamon shaker over the top of the muffin for the crackled look you see below.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Yields 12 servings per batch. Estimated Weight Watchers Points: 1sp per serving
I love having these muffins on hand because you can eat them EVERY day and not feel the least bit guilty PLUS they are great to freeze if you make too many and can’t eat them all at once!
Taylor Guardino, The Food Lover Gone Southern