Last week, I really wanted to attempt a cold cauliflower salad but I was CRAVING mashed potatoes. One thing you will learn about me is that I will NEVER tire of mashed potatoes. Ever. But, with trying to be healthy and eating more vegetables, I wanted to flex my cooking new things muscle and try a cauliflower mash.
…and man, was it good. Seriously! It was creamy and although it tasted more like cauliflower than potato, I will definitely be making this again in the future. Probably paired along a nice filet and salad. Who knows, I can really see this recipe used at any family dinner!
Cheesy Cauliflower Mash
For your ingredients:
- 1 Cauliflower Head, Medium, Chopped to Small Florets
- 1 Cup Part Skim Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/3 Cup 0% Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 TBSP Salted Butter
- 1 TSP Salt (Or to Taste)
- 1 TSP Pepper (Or to Taste)
Total Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Place your cauliflower in a sauce pan and cover with water. The should entirely submerged and cover the pan with a lid. Bring to a rolling boil and then turn to medium-high heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once you’re able to smash the cauliflower on the side of the pan, strain and place back in the pan. Add butter and let melt.
- You can use pretty much anything to mash the cauliflower, but kitchen beaters work best so begin smashing and add in the Greek yogurt.
- Once a smooth consistency, fold in the shredded cheese.
Yields 8 servings per batch above. Estimated Weight Watchers Points: 2sp per serving
So good that your most picky eaters may not even know the difference! Try it at your next big meal and see what kind of rave reviews you get too!
Taylor Guardino, The Food Lover Gone Southern