I truly love seasoned green beans from a can. I always have. Even as a kid – and there is one specific brand that is SO good. Comes in a giant can. Bottom of the shelf in the canned food aisle. Ya can’t miss it. But, it happens to cost me points. And I would prefer to not have my veggies cost me points (even though the canned version is amazing).
Well, I’ve cooked the perfect seasoned green beans you guys! I actually made a double recipe and ate on these for a week straight. The trick is to let the pot sit for as long as possible on a low simmer or even overnight in the fridge. Obviously some may want to cook this for a dinner happening much less time than 24 hours so an hour of low to medium simmering will do!
Seasoned Italian Green Beans
For your ingredients:
- 1 Bag Frozen Italian Green Beans
- 2 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Vidalia Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic, Minced
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
Total Cook Time: 1-3 Hours
- Mince the garlic and slice the onions. The size of the onion is up to you and can be anywhere from 1 inch or less.
- Add all ingredients to a pan and simmer on low to medium heat for 1-3 hours if possible.
Yields 4 servings per batch above. Estimated Weight Watchers Points: 0sp per serving
As always, you know I love a good quick recipe that is sure to make people think you stopped by the nearest BBQ joint. Pro tip, you can wow even the pickiest relative when you told them you made it from scratch!
Taylor Guardino, The Food Lover Gone Southern