What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.Henry David Thoreau
I started this personal goals list, 30 things to do before I turned 30, in 2015 when I was only about 27 and BOY was I ambitious. Some of these things have spiraled into new to dos and they’re mostly some things that I wanted to do before life got too serious. A lot of it was about growth and becoming a living and breathing, contributing part of my local and global society. See what I’ve completed so far, and what I’m going to add next as this list is ever evolving and changing, plus I fully believe that if you tell the Universe what you want It will help you achieve it.
Travel to a city with friends. Stick to a diet and exercise regimen for more than a month. Visit a foreign country. Spend time with people who lift me up. Keep up with a blog.
- Type up all my grandmother’s recipes.
- Learn to play an instrument.
Move into my own place.
- Meet someone, fall in love, and get married.
- Kiss in the rain.
- Learn a foreign language.
- Run a 5k.
- Learn to ski.
- Play a round of golf.
- Attend the Olympics.
Go to a masquerade ball.
- Get out of debt.
- Be a part of a grape stomp.
- Take the CMP and pass.
- Attend yoga and Pilates classes regularly.
Shoot a gun. Quit smoking.
- Begin writing a book and try to have it published.
- Give back regularly in any way I can.
- Have a white Christmas.
- Become a Certified Wine Specialist.
Adopt a pet.
- Own my own home.
- Do something spontaneous.
- Visit Disney World as an adult.
Be myself. Hike in a forest.
- Be a tourist in my own city.
Learn to make at least one scratch meal including bread and dessert.
- Begin graduate school for my MBA.
Help plan a gala or fundraiser. Meditate regularly.
- Work on focusing when needed.
- Travel abroad.
What’s on your to do list?